The CSA Food Project

The CSA Food Project

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Crispy Kale

From CSA member Rachel M.

I'm still working on refining this recipe, but it's quite yummy! They come out like potato chips - salty and delicious. My two year old (who's not picky) and my wife (who is very picky!) both LOVED them!


Process:

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Take the kale, wash and dry it. Hand-tear it into pieces. (I pulled the core off, but I don't think you have to)

3. Put it in a bowl - - toss with olive oil and gently shake with sea salt. (don't use too much)

4. Spread on a baking sheet.

5. Bake for 10 minutes.

3 comments:

Chef Mike

Rachel... awesome!

Got to give this a try.

Would have never thought of this. Love it. Lets compare notes after I try it and get it perfected!

Rachel

We actually went out and bought kale yesterday because we were craving this snack! I just got a tip from a friend -- use sesame oil and sesame seeds in place of the olive oil and salt. Going to try that next time... Mike - any more kale coming our way?

Chef Mike

Rachel... not 100% sure what is coming week to week. I do know that there are two growing cycles for collards, mustards, and Kale - early spring and later in the fall.

I am with you in that I hope that there will be more to come in the weeks ahead.

The sesame oil idea is a great one. I would look to do a mixture of mostly olive oil with a little sesame oil as to not over power the Kale.

One word of caution when using sesame oil - a very little goes a long way. Use for aromatics and flavor and not as your primary cooking oil.

CSA Food Project - A Experiment in Sustainable Eating   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP  

/* ************ Google Analytics ************ */